Measure speed and distance travelled with Android
The Distance Calculator is a nice app to have a rough estimate of how fast you are going or how long have you gone. It tracks the speed and distance in 3 modes, walking, cycling and driving. It is a nice app to give a shot.
- calculates distance while you are walking, biking and driving
- calculates average speed, current speed and total time while calculating distance
- “capture” feature enables you to take a screenshot of your recent trip. this screenshot can be shared with your friends using networks like twitter/facebook (file manager like Astro File Manager is required)
- runs in background and hence is not interrupted by other activities
- “Pause/Resume” functionality to allow you to save battery if you happened to stop for some time while walking, biking or driving
- gives you an option to select action to optimize battery performance
Warning: Be careful while using this app. Numbers shown by this app are as accurate as GPS in your phone. Do not get distracted by this app while walking, biking or driving.