The Distance Calculator is a nice app to have a rough estimate of how fast you are going or how long have you gone. It tracks the speed and distance in 3 modes, walking, cycling and driving. It is a nice app to give a shot.
– calculates distance while you are walking, biking and driving
– calculates average speed, current speed and total time while calculating distance
– “capture” feature enables you to take a screenshot of your recent trip. this screenshot can be shared with your friends using networks like twitter/facebook (file manager like Astro File Manager is required)
– runs in background and hence is not interrupted by other activities
– “Pause/Resume” functionality to allow you to save battery if you happened to stop for some time while walking, biking or driving
– gives you an option to select action to optimize battery performance
Warning: Be careful while using this app. Numbers shown by this app are as accurate as GPS in your phone. Do not get distracted by this app while walking, biking or driving.
Get this application from the Android market. Point your bar code reader to this QR code.